I’m always looking for fun new ways to decorate cakes. So when I came across “cupcake toppers” last week on Etsy, I had to try them for myself. I ended up making love birds since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. And in the end, they turned out even better than I hoped!
If you’d like to try making them yourself, it’s very easy…
- Draw and cut a bird, wing and heart out of different colored cardstock.
- Draw stitching around edges of each piece using a black pen.
- Attach pieces using mounting squares or glue.
- Draw bird’s eye with black pen.
- Attach bird to white cake pop stick with tape.
- Insert in iced cupcake.
What a simple way to add a special touch to ordinary cupcakes.